Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Technology in the Classroom

            Technology has become such a large part of the world today that it is necessary to incorporate it into the classroom.  Since kids of this generation are so wrapped up in their video games and other sources of technology that incorporating it in the classroom could only benefit their learning.  It can help to expand my students' knowledge not only on how to use technology, but also on many relevant topics that they may be studying.  It allows students to be interactive with what they are learning which helps them to learn the material as well as keeping them interested.  As a teacher, it opens a new door as to what I can use to help my students learn concepts.  Technology also can help me become a better teacher.  For example, I can create an electronic portfolio that allows me to reflect on my work, improve it, and watch my growth.  This can also be used for students to watch their growth from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.
           Some challenges might be getting the correct technology for the job.  Since technology is expensive, some school districts might not have the leisure of getting the newest up-to-date technology.  Therefore, it will be my responsibility to utilize what materials I do have.  Also, it is a lot of work to set up technology projects for the students to do.  It requires much setup, prior teaching of how to use the equipment, much planning and a lot of time.
           I will take from this class many important lessons.  I now know how to fully use a SMART board which many more schools today have in their classrooms.  This will allow me to incorporate the students in the activities more.  Similarly, I can successfully power my way through Microsoft Word, Photoshop, and even create my own blog and videos.  I know how to make a portfolio which will help me in the future when I begin searching for a job.  All of these ideas will only help me to become a better teacher, and allow me to incorporate these technologies into the classroom.  This was an extremely useful class, and I had so much fun doing and learning everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment