Sunday, April 24, 2011

Copyright

I was surprised by just how much was copyrighted and all the procedures teachers (should) need to go through in order to use copyrighted materials in the classroom.  Many of my teachers in the past have showed movies in class without getting copyrights.  I have also had teachers who have shown movies that they copied off TV.  Outside of school, my coaches have done the same thing (watching movies on the bus on the way to a district meet, etc.).  Also people use materials from others to base ideas and works they have/produce.  I think I can teach my students basics of copyright such as not to plagiarize.  I can make my students cite their sources or where they received information from when they write a paper or do a project.  This will get them used to using sources for help but giving credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment