Thursday, February 24, 2011

Software

We learned many great software skills this week in class.  I think it was extremely important to learn these skills because they are something we will using all the time when we are teaching.  I think Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Word skills are the most important.  As an elementary school teacher, I will have to create tons of newsletters that will be going home to my parents.  It is important to know how to make newsletters and have them be visually appealing as well as informational.  I also liked learning how to create concept maps.  These will help me plan out my units as well as be great tools for the students to use to study or learn.  I think all of these skills are important to learn and eventually master if I would like to be a great teacher.  I also think using the Smart Board is an extremely good tool.  This gets the kids interacting in the lesson and also gives them a good way to stay focused.  I would use it for interactive lessons such as a science lesson where they could observe interactions such as learning how rocks are formed.  This is an essential tool for the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment